Monday, December 22, 2008

Herding Cats (or "T-ball," whichever you prefer)

Today Alexander finished up a 5 week T-ball class. It was... uh... interesting. There were about ten 3-4 year-olds, two coaches, and chaos. I'm pretty sure that at least one kid cried at each lesson, today being Alexander's turn. Overall, though, I think he had a really good time. I am not sure how much of the lessons he retained, but he was taught "fielding position," "catch and cover," "bounce and turn," and "point and throw" for fielding/throwing, and then also coached on his hitting. One lesson that did not sink in for most of the kids in the class is that when you're fielding, everyone should refrain from tackling each other in order to get the ball. I guess they all still need some practice. For the next "season" I signed him up for a science class, so hopefully that won't result in any tackling!

This is the best shot I could get of him playing:

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

LOL, sounds like my Alex's martial arts class!