Monday, February 8, 2010

Recipe Share

Over our snowy weekend, I tried out two new recipes which turned out wonderfully! I'd like to share the recipes (which as usual are not original, just loved).

The first was unplanned. I should have thought ahead and gotten apple pie makings at the grocery store to reward Justin for his shoveling, but I didn't think of it in time. So I searched Allrecipes.com for an apple-cinnamony recipe using ingredients I had on hand. I came across this recipe for Apple Squares, which turned out absolutely delicious. Seriously, go ahead and make a double recipe. They will get eaten, I promise!

The second recipe was planned. I've been wanting a good quiche recipe, so last week I found this recipe and made sure had everything I needed. I made this last night and it was soooo good. (Unless you're a vegetarian) It has everything you'd want in a quiche: ham, bacon, spinach, and lots of cheese. In this case, I did the opposite of above and made half a recipe, because the original recipe is for two pies. It does say that it freezes well, but I wanted to make sure it was really good before I ended up with two of them! Do make sure to buy a deep dish pie crust (the kind from the frozen section), and be careful with your measurements only because the crust will be quite full. There's not much room for, "Oh, I just have a little extra ham; I'll throw it in," with this one. This is a great, hearty quiche good enough to eat for dinner on a cold, snowy day.

I'd post pictures if I'd thought of taking some before we devoured all the food.

Good eatin', y'all.

No comments: