Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Name My Homeschool! Win Something!

A contest! Yay!

Objective: Come up with a name that the kids and I like enough to use for our homeschool! The plan is to get tee-shirts made.

Prize: It'll be something rad, I'm sure! (Okay, okay, you need real motivation? It'll probably be a $10 gift card to Dunkin Donuts.)

Rules:

1. I may or may not choose a winner. I don't want to be stuck with "The Idiot's Homeschool for Dumbasses" just because it was the only submission.

2. I will pick a winner (or not) in approximately a month.

3. Names that use our last name or location details such as city or street name are welcome, but please don't post them as comments. Email or Facebook message me with any suggestions of that type.

4. Multiple submissions are welcome.

5. Legal mumbo-jumbo. This is a ridiculously silly contest. Don't take it too seriously.

Stuff to guide you:

I should probably be smart and creative enough to think of my own homeschool name... or not homeschool my kids. Unfortunately, I spend all my energy and creative power keeping my children alive and educated, so I thought this might be a fun way to compensate for my lack of bright ideas. I'd love something that's quirky, fun, and witty or that somehow represents both/either the chaos we experience now in our lives and/or the intellectual freedom and prowess we aspire to. That's a tall order, which is why I haven't been able to fill it yet. I obviously have no idea what I am talking about. But I have great confidence in the ability of my small readership to wow me with your excellent suggestions. 

To review, we have four boys. We live in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. I want my kids to be inspired learners, to enjoy their childhoods, to be a tight-knit family and to be connected to their communities. Inspired? Aaaaaand..... GO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Choosing a homeschool name is *really* hard. I will think about it, but I am not very good at this sort of thing.