Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jack's family birthday party

For Jack's family birthday party, I decided on a nursery rhyme theme to play on all the nursery rhymes with his name in them. I'm no artist, but I have fun making decorations for my kids' parties, so these are what I made for Jack's:


Unlike his friends' party, which was rained out, this party was blessed with great weather, so the kids were able to play outside in the kiddie pool, blow tons of bubbles, and generally take advantage of our first *real* backyard.

I like this shot of all the kids eating cupcakes even though it's the backs of most of their heads because... well, can you tell how nice and still they're sitting?! I love how little Mackensie seems to be wondering why she isn't up at the table with a cupcake, too!

Jack got lots of great presents (thanks, everyone!), including some markers and paper from Aunt Eileen, and here he is creating his first ever piece of artwork:

The obligatory first birthday cake face picture:

Thanks everyone for coming! Oh, and I swear this will be the last post about Jack's first birthday! :)

4 comments:

Kara said...

Looks like a great great party! I love your decorations.

Anonymous said...

I love your artwork! For a moment, I thought that first pic was Xander! Glad to hear it went well--Happy Birthday until next year, Jack!

Tammy said...

I love the posters - so cute!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on the decorations!

Glad Jack had a super 1st Birthday!