Monday, June 22, 2009

A couple of "World According to Xander" quotes

Alexander was a beast today, so I shall post some cute things he said recently to remind me why I should not hand him over to the next band of gypsies to pass through Frederick.

At the beach, while filling buckets with water from the ocean to fill our sand castle's moat: "Mommy, let's get all the water into our moat!" Ambitious, eh?

On Father's Day, when I declined to make Alexander a special breakfast since Justin had passed on the offer: "Well, when will it be kids' day?" Seriously, does every single kid say this? I am almost positive that I said it as a child. Of course Justin and I responded, "Every day is kids' day," just as our parents told us. They were right, ya know. Shhhh.... our parents were right!

1 comment:

PopPop said...

Vindication!!! Next thing you know, you'll catch yourself saying "Don't make me pull over" when they are acting up in the back seat of the car. And there's the dreaded "Because I say so" and it's mate "Because I'm your mother, that's why." I forget what it was that triggered my "Oh my God, I'm turning into my father" thought, but I remember the next thought was "Oh well, I could do worse."
Just remember, when God wanted to punish Adam and Eve, he gave them children.