Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Turn! Mom's Day

Yesterday was Mom's Day at Alexander's preschool, so Kai and I went to spend the day with Alexander and his classmates! As a special treat, a travelling petting zoo had come for the day as well. We were able to see and touch baby chicks, turkeys, a duck, bunnies, a sheep, and a mama and baby goat. Alexander was, as usual, pretty reserved around the animals, but he did touch a few and ask some interesting questions.

After the petting zoo, we went back to the classroom for some fun activities. The kids had all drawn pictures of their moms, and the moms had to take turns guessing which one their child had drawn. Here's me!
The children also presented us with beautiful hand-made cards, a gift of note cards made with fingerprint animals, and they each had a special reason why they loved their moms (Alexander's says that he likes when I cuddle and tickle him). It was very sweet. We ended with some sundaes and watched the kids do their Marching to the ABCs song and dance.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Sounds like a fun day! I'm going to a Mother's Tea at Kyle's school on Friday - I can't wait! :)