Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Catching Up: August

We decided to start our school year extra early this year. August is just too hot for much outdoor play, so I'd rather be inside schooling, and save our days off for good weather. Here are my handsome students:
 I also took Alexander and Jack on a big boy camping trip with some of our extended family. It was a great success. I missed the little ones, but it was nice to be able to give my full attention to the big boys, and it afforded me the opportunity to allow them to do some things that they wouldn't have been able to do if my attention had been split. We went tubing down the river, thus conquering the bad memory of the previous time we attempted doing so when Alexander was about four years old, and fell in the river, got momentarily pulled under, and freaked himself and me out. They also got to slide down a natural waterslide, go on a few short hikes, ride bikes, throw rocks in the river, play soccer, roast marshmallows, and sleep in a tent! (All of the camping photos were taken by my dad.)


 





No comments: