Friday, April 2, 2010

Another boy with a vocabulary

Sometimes I wonder how typical Alexander's vocabulary is for a 5-year-old. We happen to know a good many very verbal and articulate 5-year-olds that are on par with Alexander, so it's hard to tell where any of them would fit on a national average. In any case, I do love to hear the variety of words that Alexander comes out with. Somehow it makes me feel like I am doing at least something right with him.

From this morning....
Alexander: I think the baby [doll] wants to sit in this chair so she can look in the mirror and admire herself.

Later, while making our little friend Talia giggle...
Alexander: I think I am making her become obsessed with me!

From the other day, while watching his dad play a video game...
Alexander: Dad, you should have avoided that.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am still partly convinced that Piper gets some of her impressive vocab from Alexander! And for the record, I'm pretty sure both Piper and Talia are OBSESSED with him : )