Monday, July 28, 2008

Their first baseball game!


On Sunday night, my aunt's friend graciously got tickets to the Frederick Keys game for us, "Uncle Tim," my two aunts, and a bunch of my cousins and their kids. It was the first time my boys had been to a baseball game. It started out a little rough with a meltdown because we couldn't ride the merry-go-round and a meltdown because I wasn't able to bring our snacks in, but things soon smoothed out. Alexander mooched ice tea, popcorn, peanuts, and ice cream from the aunts and cousins, drew in his program, blew bubbles, played with baseball cards, shook his (Daddy's) keys, ran up and down a hill, and generally ignored the entire baseball game while charming the family into giving him ever more food. I would be enormously surprised if any of the three little ones could even tell you who won the game. Alexander ran the bases with the two little cousins and their Daddy, and we even got to watch fireworks after the game. I am surprised that even Jack lasted through the entire event. We didn't get them both into bed until almost 10:00. It was good times, though. I'm sure we'll be returning in the future.



The video is slightly longer than those that I usually post- it is Alexander and his cousins running the bases. He is in blue shorts, a white striped shirt, and a blue baseball cap and is running with my cousin's husband in the white shirt with black sleeves and baseball cap. I pick Alexander up at home plate. Cousin Brendan is slightly ahead in the yellow shirt and Cousin Ryan is the smaller guy right alongside Alexander, wearing light blue.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great great time.

Kathryn said...

How adorable!! He is growing into such a big boy. :-)

Tammy said...

Looks like fun - we keep saying we're going to take Kyle to a game one of these days. You're brave to take Jack along as well - I don't think Max would last that long.

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had a great night at the game!