Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Play-Doh Recipe

A few people have asked for the play-doh recipe that I used, so I thought I'd share it here.

Play-Doh

3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups salt
3 cups water
2 TB vegetable oil
1TB cream of tartar
few drops food coloring if desired

Mix all the ingredients. Pour into a large saucepan. Cook over medium low heat until it starts to thicken and pull away from the edges, and becomes difficult to stir. Remove from heat. Cool until it can be handled. Knead for a few minutes on wax paper. Store in an air-tight container. ENJOY!

As I mentioned, this makes quite a large batch. However, that was a big part of the allure for my kids.

Have fun!

3 comments:

PopPop said...

Tastes great with bacon, or with french onion dip.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! We might try this today, because Yael really wants it.

Anonymous said...

Yay, we just made it and it worked perfectly. Thanks!