Thursday, August 19, 2010

Growing Up

Our "little" Alexander is growing up! Last week he lost his first tooth. We did the string/doorknob trick, which Alexander thought was really fabulous. He also thought the cash the tooth fairy left was fabulous! He's got another tooth that is pretty wiggly, and another two that are just starting to wiggle. He'll be a rich boy soon! He's planning to save up for roller skates.
This week Alexander made his second visit to the eye doctor and found that he does now need glasses, which thrilled him to no end. We'll see how long the excitement lasts, but for now he's over the moon. He also charmed the socks off everyone at the eye doctor's office and at Sterling Optical. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this little character of mine! He conducted most of the business interaction at the eyeglass store himself, from the time we walked in and he said, "Yes, I'm looking for a pair of green frames," (he ended up with dark blue), to the end where he gave the clerk his personal information. I felt like I was just his chauffer! I think the glasses really suit him, though, and Justin thinks they make him look (even more) like a mini-me.


If that wasn't enough, here's the big one: next week Alexander starts kindergarten.

As my dad quoted last week, "Sunrise, sunset. Sunrise, sunset. Swiftly flow the days." Okay, so he's not getting married yet, but the way time is going, I think that will come before I'm quite ready for it, also.

No comments: