Thursday, August 5, 2010

This IS my day job

Last year I learned how to twist balloons. This year I am adding to my resume by learning to paint faces. Alexander is a great subject, stays very still, and (with persuasion) picks a nice variety of designs. Jack... not so much. They both love it, though, and so do I! I took my paints to a recent park playgroup and got a chance to practice on other people's kids, all of whom sat even more still than Alexander, probably just because I wasn't their own Mommy. It was nice to get a chance to paint some girls, too, although Alexander did allow me to give him a butterfly face one day. I didn't bring my camera to capture my work on the other kids, but here is just a sampling of some of the things I've done on my own kids.




ETA: This is soooo Alexander. He started out the day as a vampire, then decided he'd like to be a fairy instead. I love this kid.

2 comments:

Becky said...

You're so awesome! Can I be you when I grow up??

I do know how to twist balloons, so I wonder how I would fare with face painting? Hmmm...

PopPop said...

Wow! Looks great.