Tuesday, August 3, 2010

There's a First Time for Everything

I have this thing in the corner of my bedroom. It's a sort of cage-looking wooden thing that I've been assembling, disassembling, moving, altering, assembling, disassembling, and moving around from room to room and house to house for the last five and a half years. From time to time I've thought to lay a baby or toddler in it, given that (despite it's cage-likeness), it seems like sort of a cozy place for one to sleep in. This has not pleased the babies and toddlers. Time and time again, they prefer the comfort of their mother's arms above all for sleeping, occasionally accepting a baby chair or Mommy's bed as a substitute, but only if they are tightly swaddled, at least until 6 months of age.
And then there's Kai...
He's recently started being able to sleep without being swaddled, and occasionally accepts being placed in the crib for a nap. I hear there are babies out there who sleep in these things regularly!

No comments: