Sunday, November 14, 2010

Alexander's letter to Santa

"Der Satu i wut to tel you wut i wut to haf for cresmes so i wel rit wot i wut for kresmes i wut a skoodr vat dus not hav fre wels i ole wut it to hav to wels and i wut to hav a ds vat cums wef a ds gam and i wut to have a toe checen to pla wef and i hav ben a gd buey from Alexander"

Alexander's not a great speller yet, but he is a very enthusiastic writer non-the-less. I am very proud of his progress. Here is a translation:
"Dear Santa, I want to tell you what I want to have for Christmas so I will write what I want for Christmas. I want a scooter that does not have three wheels; I only want it to have two wheels and I want to have a DS that comes with a DS game and I want to have a toy chicken to play with and I have been a good boy. From, Alexander."

Classic: in the middle of writing his letter to Santa, Alexander announced, "I am going to need more paper!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why, but for some reason, the toy chicken part cracked me up :D Is he going to get a toy chicken?

I know the current fashion in schools is to start them out with "invented spelling" and that's fine and I'm sure the kids will learn to spell eventually, but...I have to admit that I do NOT do that with Yael at home! When Yael and I write, we do our best to spell properly.

Hey, I own my neuroses. ::shrug::

Tammy said...

Haha - the toy chicken is funny! And I think he's doing a great job! I could read most of what he wrote without the translation! :)