Sunday, September 18, 2011

Jack Starts Preschool!

I am now the proud parent of not one but TWO school-goers! Jack started preschool! He is going to the same preschool that Alexander went to, and it is nice to see some familiar faces there.Jack will be going to school two mornings each week. I think he vaguely remembers dropping off and picking up Alexander, which helps to ease his transition.

On his first day of school, they had a shortened day and the parents stayed for the entire time. I think this is a great way to help the kids ease into their new school. Jack was very excited, paid attention to his teachers very well, and had a great time. He played with Play-Doh for his entire "free-play" time on that first day, but he enjoyed himself, so that was all that mattered to me!

He's since gone to two solo days and done absolutely wonderfully. The first day that he would stay alone, I stayed in the classroom for just a couple of minutes while he settled in, then told him that I would stay for one more minute and then go home for a while. He said, "I not scared you leave." I am very proud of my big, confidant boy who knows that Mommy will always come back. He came out of school quite pleased with himself and has had only good things to say. Whenever anyone asks him how preschool is, he answers, "Awesome!"

I can only hope that his good attitude, good behavior, and enjoyment of preschool continue, and I have no reason to believe that they would not. It is still bittersweet for me, and I still miss my little boy when he is at school, but it makes all the difference in the world to know that he is really enjoying himself and thriving there. He's a star.

No comments: