Monday, March 10, 2008

Gymnastics


Today was Alexander's last gymnastics class. He took a 5 week course through the county. I wasn't really concerned with whether he learned anything at all about gymnastics, but I did want him to have the opportunity to experience a taste of a *sort* of classroom life without Mommy, since we're not doing preschool. For the first 4 classes, the parents waited outside, but today, for the final class, we were allowed in to see what the kids had learned. The class started out with about a dozen kids, but for whatever reason, there were only 4 kids in class today, one of whom was Alexander's good friend Woody. The kids were extraordinarily adorable, walking like bears and crabs, spinning like clocks, galloping, somersaulting, and jumping in various ways. My favorite part was when Alexander and Woody held hands while standing like flamingos, and then had to get separated for goofing off (Alexander was falling on purpose and pulling Woody down with him, and both of them were giggling). Perhaps I should have put on my stern face over these shenanigans, but it was just too cute. I was very proud of my little man today!


Here is a video of them playing follow the leader. I'm afraid I have no idea how long it will take to upload. Let me know if it takes eons, and I'll stick to shorter videos in the future.


2 comments:

Kara said...

love the video. Our kids are so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Excellent bunny hopping guys!