Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Recipe Share

Since many of you were kind enough to share recipes with me during my recipe contest, I hope you will appreciate some shared recipes from me. I must warn you that I don't consider myself a great cook. However, I can follow a recipe. I got this particular recipe from http://www.allrecipes.com/, but I made a few changes, and I am posting it with those changes. I made these Bacon Quiche Tarts for dinner tonight and they were delicious! I served them with corn on the cob, which may seem like a strange pairing, but it worked well for me and the boys! Both little guys really enjoyed these. I hope you do, too! (They are approximately 230 calories each; you have been forewarned.)

BACON QUICHE TARTS

INGREDIENTS
5 slices bacon
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 green onion, chopped
1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated flaky biscuit dough

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Lightly grease 10 muffin cups.
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until crisp and evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
Place the cream cheese, milk, and eggs in a medium bowl, and beat until smooth with an electric mixer set on Low. Stir in Cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onion, and set aside.
Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Press into the bottom and sides of each muffin cup, forming 1/4 inch rims. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture into each cup. (I had some filling left over and baked it without the biscuit crust in the remaining two muffins tin cups. Turned out wonderfully also.)
Bake 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until filling is set and rims of the tarts are golden brown. Remove from pan, and serve warm.

1 comment:

PopPop said...

Sounds yummy. I'd probably take the bacon out of the cast iron skillet I use, pour out all the grease, line the skillet with the biscuit dough, dump all the filling mixture into that and bake in the skillet. I might even mix the corn right in with the mixture, too, and save having to was even more dishes/pans. Then I'd eat it all by myself!!!! (Maybe in two or three meals, though)