Saturday, October 10, 2009

Staycation!

This past week, Justin took a "staycation." He took the week off work, but we stayed home doing fun things around town. We usually do this around the beginning of October to help celebrate Justin's birthday (28 this year) and our wedding anniversary (9 this year). To start things off last weekend, he went with the boys and me to my dad's house. It was Justin's first time seeing my dad's new house! We got to see my brother and his partner and all my aunts, uncles, cousins, and their kids because we were there for my grandmother's *surprise* 80th birthday party! Happy Birthday, Mema!

On Thursday, we followed our annual tradition of picking apples and pumpkins at Larriland Farm. We started the day by picking up some donuts at the brand new Dunkin Donuts a couple of miles from our house. I must tell you, the excitement going through the community about that Dunkin Donuts was a little silly... but I was totally in on it. I mean, it has a drive-through, for heaven's sake. You can't get much better than that.
In any case, from there we headed to the farm where we picked apples the size of Jack's head and a family pumpkin for carving. We got some mini-pumpkins, gourds, cider, and cherry butter from the farm store. I love fall! I always love the pictures that we take during this yearly family outing. I think it has something to do with the quality of light... and the degree of handsomeness of all my guys.


I really love our October staycations and I hate to see Justin go back to work on Monday. I may have forgotten how to wash dishes. He's so awesome. :D

1 comment:

PopPop2.4 said...

Washing dishes is easy. Put them in your dishwasher. Add soap. Turn it on. It's so easy a guy could do it!! (But Justin is still awesome.)