Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, and especially to those I celebrated with today. I am grateful to have grown up around my Grandpa N., who called me "Angel" and gave me "ay-ays" with his beard. I'm better for having known adventure with my Grandpop B. who pushed my brother and me to ride the entire OC, NJ boardwalk on our bikes and who let me "walk on water" on his shoulders at the lake. I'm forever grateful to my dad, who's always been there for me and my family, who does the right thing, who's almost always right, and who (let's face it) managed to turn out one fine daughter! ;) Those are the men who showed me what a father should be and how I know that Justin, too, deserves to be honored this day. Those boys' faces simply light up when they see their Daddy! I picked a GOOD one! :)

We celebrated today with homemade gifts for all the dads. My dad (PopPop) got an Alexander original birdhouse, Justin's dad (Grandpa) got an Alexander original model tri-plane, and Justin got an Alexander and Jack collaborative original stepping stone. I contributed dinner, finished off with an apple pie which looked seriously picture perfect but tasted only mediocre. Better next time!

Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the pie was great :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great Father's Day! Poor Chris celebrated his by leaving NJ at 6 am to drive home and change a tire. But he made it, and we were all together, at least!