Friday, October 2, 2009

Randomness

A "World According to Xander": Mommy, you are made out of hugs.

An update:
Alexander LOVES preschool and seems to be getting the hang of the whole structure and authority figure things! They got another kid in the class, another girl! So now he is outnumbered 5:1. 7:1 if you include the teachers! He was excited to bring the snack this week and he got to be a "Preschool Star" and put up a special poster about himself in the hallway. He very much enjoyed making it, especially the glitter glue. He got school photos taken, and I will post them as soon as I get them scanned this weekend. They're pretty darn cute!

Jack had his speech evaluation with the county yesterday and qualified for speech therapy. They said that on every aspect except expressive language, he is at or above age level. But for expressive language, he is at the level of about a 17-18 month old, giving him a 25% delay. The speech therapist will come to our house to work with him twice a month and will assess his progress in six months to see if he still qualifies. He's a very smart little boy, he just doesn't seem to want to talk. They said he had an awesome attention span and was especially dexterous for his age.

Jack also continues to want to potty train and I don't think I can resist much longer. Today he's been naked or in underwear for more than 4 hours and has not had an accident. I haven't even had to prompt him to go to the bathroom, he either indicates with gestures that he needs to go, or he just goes to the bathroom and goes! I know he's not completely trained yet, but as I said, I don't think I can resist much longer. He's READY.

Baby #3 continues to grow and make my belly grow! I actually feel pretty good, though! :)

Pictures next time! :)

No comments: