Monday, April 25, 2011

Mmmmm.... Salad

I love this salad with a food passion that I usually reserve for things with bacon in them. Come to think of it, bacon would probably taste pretty good in this salad.

This is the original recipe. I believe I got it from "Cook This, Not That." These days I just throw this salad together willy nilly, ignoring the measurements. Still always yummy!

Yummy Salad:
12 oz cooked chicken (I cut mine into chunks, then brown in a bit of olive oil)
1 bag arugula (or other lettuce, but not Iceberg)
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 avocado pitted, peeled, and sliced
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (sometimes I use feta)
1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
/4 cup Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
salt and black pepper to taste

Honey Mustard Vinaigrette:
1/2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp red or white wine vinegar (I use red)
1/4 cup canola oil (I use vegetable oil)
salt and pepper

Toss. Eat. Try to restrain Self from eating more. Then remind Self that it is, after all, salad. Eat more. Be happy.

No comments: