Sunday, November 16, 2008

Calendar

I've been wanting to get Alexander one of those cool preschool calendars that are out there, but couldn't find one that had exactly the features I was looking for, so I decided to make my own. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, but getting a little weepy over the fact that Justin just called me a loser for blogging about it. THANKS, Justin! ;) Anyway, here's what the finished product looks like. I still have a few more of the "stickers" to make for more holidays, with more friends and family member's faces, and for a few other events, but this is the general idea. And yes, Justin (and world), I AM a dork. I am hoping this will help Alexander learn to recognize more words and names, learn the days of the week, and provide a bit more structure to our days with the added projects like writing letters and doing good deeds. Hopefully some of our projects will even be "blog-worthy!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, I was only kidding... :-P

Tammy said...

Very creative! I'm sure Alexander will enjoy doing it! It will give him something to look forward to everyday.

Anonymous said...

I think you ROCK for putting this all together like that. And hello, family blogs are for family stuff and that includes blogging about your own awesomeness sometimes. :-)

Kathryn said...

You are so creative! I think it looks great!

Kara said...

Very nice Beth. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great! You should market your version. :)

Melissa said...

I love this calendar! In fact, I can't wait to make my own version of it for Piper : )