Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hershey Date Day

On Friday, I made a semi-spontaneous decision to take Alexander to Hershey Park for a special Mommy and Xander day. Justin and Jack stayed home for some bonding time of their own. I was out of my mind with excitement to spend an entire special day with just my big boy, and it did live up to my expectations. We had a blast together just doing whatever we (he) wanted without having to be concerned with what anyone else wanted to do. (Is that horrible to say?) It was great to have an adventure together, just the two of us. Hershey was a great destination for our special day because they had a lot of rides that Alexander was big enough to get on, but since they were "kiddie" rides, the lines were never long. In fact, at times the lines were non-existent and he was able to stay on the ride repeatedly, as long as he wanted! He rode one ride five times in a row before moving to another ride! He was not afraid of any ride that he was big enough to get on, although I have to admit that I don't have quite the stomach for rides that I used to! I had to encourage him to take a break from the ones I was allowed on and spend some time on the ones just for kids! He also really enjoyed the water park area, especially the mini wave pool and the "big green water slide."

Two conversations from our day:
Me (as we're waiting in line to buy our admission tickets): Alexander, we're going to stick together, but I want you to remember that if we do get separated and you can't find me, you should ask an adult, like another Mommy, for help. They will help you find me again.
Alexander (VERY serious and wide-eyed): I am going to hold your hand the whole time.

And later, as we're leaving (this one is predictable), he announced: Mommy, I don't want to leave! I want to live at Hershey Park!

Here are a few pictures. Unfortunately they are limited to him on the kiddiest of rides because I couldn't very well take a picture when I was riding with him!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

So cool! I love those kind of days. I think it is great to be able to have special time with each kid alone, and Xander being older now can do so much more with out his little bro hanging around. I love doing the same thing with my Alex, the day I took him to the museums by myself was so much fun...those times are priceless. :-)

PopPop said...

Sounds like a great idea. Daddy and Jack got some special time with each other, too.

Tammy said...

How fun! Glad you got to spend a special day with him!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I don't think that's at all awful to say. I'm really glad you guys got some great time together.