Saturday, January 9, 2010

First Love Song

Alexander likes the hard-to-get ones. Or, rather, I think he just wants everyone to like him, so he feels he has to work extra hard on those who don't warm right up to him. He spent a good twenty minutes this morning telling me about how one of his schoolmates doesn't know that he cares about her. He said that he makes her gifts all the time, but she still doesn't believe that he cares about her. So, the next time he goes to school, he plans to make her the sweetest gift of all, so that maybe she will know that he cares about her. He explained that the gift would be a picture of all the classmates and their teachers singing a song to Rylee (the hard-to-get one). Then he sang me the song, which started out something like this, "Oh, Rylee, you don't think I care about you, but I do! I don't just care about my babies; I care about you!" In fact, the song was a duet, because then he said Rylee would sing this part, "Oh, you don't care about me; you only care about your babies." Then, Alexander again, "Oh, no, I care about you!" The song went on and on, and involved them going to the dress-up center where Alexander would dress up as Luigi and Rylee would dress up as Princess Toadstool and their other classmates would dress up as Mario and the mushroom-headed guys. It was quite elaborate. When I asked him if he would make any gifts or songs for his other classmates he said, "No, because they already know that I care about them." Poor, sweet boy!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is awesome! Piper sang her first love song the other day too. It went like this, "Nathaniel, Nathaniel, Nathaniel. He's handsome, he's handsome, he's handsome."